When buying an inspection camera, you should ensure that the following are offered:
- An image sensor or camera
- It must allow for easy visual inspection of places you cannot reach
- Must be water proof - if used underwater
- Have a good night vision range - if required
- Good rechargeable battery to ensure portability
- Must be lightweight, handhold
- Must have accessories such as hook mirror and magnet - if being used in engineering
- An LCD screen to view the images live
You should always check the quality of the camera - it should have a high resolution TV Line and have the ability to see in the dark using Infra red leds or White LEDs. If colour images are important to you - White LEDS are a Must.
Ensure that your inspection camera provider are offering a full warranty with the product and that you can obtain a statement of conformity from them.